DayCor® Ranger - Van Mounted Corona Detection Systems
Based on UV Solar Blind Technology
A professional vehicle mounted stabilized UV inspection systems that integrates the DayCor® daytime corona detection technology with highly precise pan and tilt unit, enabling the user
to control the system form inside the vehicle. Designed to streamline long lines inspection, provide comfort and retain high resolution images and straight forward reports.
- Ranger is a complete power line inspection tool with the most sensitive Visible-UVc bi-spectral detection apparatus and absolute solar blind performance.
- Ranger performs accurately while mounted on a vehicle and operated remotely.
- Ranger is equipped with Ofil’s narrow angle optical lenses through which the exact pinpointing of corona/arcing emitters from distances—is possible.
- Ranger incorporates a unique control and display unit (CDU) installed inside of the
vehicle providing full operational control.
- Ranger is a robust system built for harsh terrain drive
- Ranger is built to accommodate for concurrent IR and UV inspection
- Fit for inspection under any light and weather conditions
- Unique large and bright LCD for high quality Image display
- Full remote control operations with highly precise pan and tilt unit
- Manual and automatic focus control for both UV and Visible channels
- Rapid zooming of both UV and Visible
- Blob counting and display for evaluation of the corona strength
- Video recording output
- Reporting software with localization
- Multi lingual display
- UV only, Visible only and Combined UV + Visible modes
- GPS and title editor included as accessories
- Accurately pinpoints sources of: audio noise, radio/TV interference, micro arcing, corona and arcing
- Offers robust inspection capabilities independent of power line loads and weather condition
- Allows the operator to document structures and right-of-way features on built in flash memory
Vehicle mounted inspection of distribution and transmission high voltage lines saves inspection time and labor but demands the use of high sensitive tools and some technical considerations such as:
- Operating remotely a camera necessitates use of high quality and precise pan and tilt system - as the Ranger offers. The system is designed with ergonomic considerations to allow full comfort for the technicians.
- To make the best of a driven inspection, a recorded video is necessary. It is always surprising to retrieve unnoticed things while driving. The DayCor Ranger provides high resolution, full VGA standard video friendly MPEG1 format stored via a built-in Compact Flash card.