DayCor® ROM & DayCor® ROMpact
Airborne Corona Camera & Detection Systems
Based on UV Solar Blind Technology
with the best UV imaging system incorporated
Rom is a complete airborne inspection system in a gyro stabilized gimbal. The imaging system insludes the DayCor® corona camera and combinations of a High Definition TV camera with a range of IR cameras of the best existing brands. With the gyro stabilized gimbaled payload high speed remote detection of corona and arcing is possible. The combination of top quality cameras and top quality gyro provides high resolution images and videos that are most appropriate for reports.
ROMpact - the best fitting solution for UAV and for compact platforms
- Rom is a complete power line inspection tool with the most sensitive Visible-UVc bi-spectral detection apparatus and absolute solar blind performance.
- Rom performs accurately and reliably in high speed of up to100km/h, from distance of 50m without smearing the image and with high pinpointing resolution.
- Rom is equipped with Ofil’s narrow angle optical lenses through which the exact pinpointing of corona/arcing emitters from distances—is possible.
- Rom uses a gyros with four-axis active digital stabilizing system that eliminates aircraft shakings and jerky motions and provides smooth inspection
- Rom is low weight , easily installed and its composite design ensures low system weight and extended mission endurance
- Fit for inspection under any light and weather conditions
- Unique large and bright LCD for high quality Image display
- Manual and Automatic focus for both UV and Visible channels
- Special rapid zooming capability for the Visible
- Blob counting and display for evaluation of the corona strength
- Video recording output
- Reporting software with localization
- Full remote control operations
- UV only, Visible only and Combined UV + Visible modes
- Accessories: GPS, title editor
- Payload is fit for nose or belie installation or any other desired configuration on most helicopters
- Accurately pinpoints sources of: audio noise, radio/TV interference, micro arcing, corona and arcing
- Offers robust inspection capabilities independent of power line loads and weather condition
- Allows the operator to document structures and right-of-way features on built in flash memory
- Fly in a safe distance and high speed without missing coronas
Airborne inspection of high voltage lines enables inspection in harsh terrain and saves inspection time and labor but demands the use of high sensitive tools and some technical considerations such as:
- Corona, being an intermittent phenomenon with typical repetition rate, is tricky to observe. The faster you fly the greater is the chance to miss a problematic spot. Scanning at lower speed yields more detailed information but the covered distance will decrease. The DayCor(® ROM is the solution for it is sensitive enough to allow high speed inspection.
- Safety—with the DayCor ROM a safe inspection is guaranteed due to its special optics that enables reliable inspection from a distance of more than 50m.
- Hovering with a helicopter involves helicopter's power; load, air density etc. DayCor® ROM ensures low systems weight and extended mission endurance.
- To make the best of airborne inspection recorded videos are necessary. It is always surprising to retrieve unnoticed things while flying. The DayCor ROM provides high resolution, full VGA standard video friendly MPEG1 format.